Applications are now open for the ASRI Future Leaders Program,
Graduates of The 2016 ASRI Future Leaders Fellowship Program are anticipated to go on to become influential and prominent leaders in government and civil society, occupying a variety of positions in non-profit organisations; interest groups; policy institutes; media organisations; government ministries and so forth. The program aims to inculcate in students a strong sense of social justice and integrity while also producing the kind of effective and innovative change agents who can bring about transformative change in South African society. Underpinning the program is a strong focus on developing the writing and oratory abilities of participants as well as an emphasis on values such as respect, honesty, pluralism, excellence and valor.
The program is non-partisan in nature and is open to all Johannesburg based South African students who are in possession of an undergraduate degree or who will be completing their undergraduate degree before the program commences in February 2016.
The fellowship program is six months and fellows are required to be in attendance Monday to Thursday from 9am – 3:45pm, from the beginning of February to the end of July. The program will accept 30 individuals for 2016, and each person will receive a monthly stipend of R5 000 which they can use to cover their travel and food expenses.
The eligibility requirements to be considered for the program are as follows:
- Age limit: 30
- Citizenship: South African citizenship or permission to reside in South Africa (with the long term view of staying in the country)
- Academic: Students must have completed their undergraduate degree or be expecting to complete their undergraduate degree before the program commences in February 2016
- Program of study: Open to social science students (albeit not exclusively) in fields such as media, politics, economics, development orientated studies and so forth.
- Location: For 2016, applications are only open to Gauteng based students
- Alumni requirements: Upon completion of the program, students are expected to remain active within the Alumni Network of ASRI
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE:
Friday, 11th of December 2015 at midnight
Interviews will be conducted mid-December. Please note that there is one only round of interviews and successful applicants will be notified soon after. The program will commence at the beginning of February and conclude at the end of July.
For any further inquiries, email: firstname.lastname@example.org