ASRI conducts research and advocates for laws, policies and programmes, inspired by Constitutional Values, at a National, Provincial and Local level to achieve a Just and Prosperous society.
- ASRI is founded on the values of Justice, Equality, Freedom, Truth, Integrity, and Peace.
- ASRI is non racial, non partisan and pluralist in all its activities
- ASRI is open to all Citizens on all levels who subscribe to its values
- ASRI engages with any willing citizen, organization, or institution regardless of race, religion, political ideology, or political affiliation
- ASRI is independent, where funders, political parties, individuals or interest groups do not have influence or control over the Institution, its activities, research directions and outcomes.
- ASRI is measured based on its impact on society
- ASRI acts consistently in the Public Interest to achieve its mission and all policy proposals must abide by the core values of the Institution.
- ASRI brings together South Africans from all sectors of the State and Society for dialogue to achieve its mission.
- Research and Applied Research in the areas of policy focus within a Values based framework
- The hosting of Conferences, Seminars and Round Tables with Politicians, Unionists, Civil Servants in Local, Provincial and National Government; NGO’s and broader civil society within the areas of focus.
- Provision of experts to contribute to policy debates and analysis in the media within areas of focus
- Initiation of research that preserves the Heritage and History of black communities in South Africa and the celebration of their contribution to Social Justice and Freedom.
- ASRI is registered as a Non Profit Company, advised by a Board of Advisors selected from Citizens representing a wide range of sectors and who have a track record of contributions to Social Justice, Media, Economic Development, Politics, Job Creation, Transparency, and/or Policy Development.
- ASRI is managed by an Executive Team lead by an Executive Director who is also a member of the Board of Advisors.
- The Annual Conference is an advisory council to ASRI, setting a broad mandate for policy directions in the coming year.